Green School English Camp
What is Green School English CAMP?
Green School English Camp is an immersive 10 to 20 days-long interdisciplinary intensive English language (with math & science activities) and experiential learning adventure for students aged 7 – 14.
Our Theme-based curriculum along with a hands-on ‘experiential’ learning approach, enables students to rapidly build their language skills and emerge as more proficient and confident English communicators. Two age cohorts ensure that learning is tailored to younger and older students and allows the building of relationships with new friends. Set in the heart of the jungle of Bali, Green School English Camp offers a learning environment which will engage young minds and bodies through a truly holistic learning approach.
The Camp is located on the world-renowned Green School Bali campus and aligns with the educational approach of the School. The Camp is open as a stand-alone experience or as a bridge for students to apply for enrollment as full-time members of the internationally acclaimed community of learners at Green School Bali.
Who can Apply for Green School English CAMP?
- 7 – 14 years of age at time of enrolment
- At beginner to lower intermediate level of English language proficiency
- Support with ELL
- Aiming to achieve a sufficient level of English to enter international school
- Seeking an alternative to a text-and-test oriented traditional classroom learning experience
- Open to a transformative learning experience in a natural environment with limited screen time
Campers may enrol for a full semester of Green School English Camp or choose to attend any number of blocks they are available for.
* Please note that if we do not meet the minimum enrollment of 5 participants, we may need to cancel and reschedule to another date.
Why Our Program
Green School English @ Green Camp is like no other English intensive course because it is…
- Holistic: Integrated learning around thematic topics that engage students in cognitive, physical, social/emotional, and intrapersonal development.
- Experiential: Abundant opportunities to learn by doing and apply English language learning to real-life scenarios.
- Nature immersion: Learning occurs on a lush tropical campus in bamboo classrooms with no windows or walls providing incidental and direct opportunities to connect with nature.
- Relevant: Learning components develop valuable practical skills including intercultural understanding, collaboration, presentation, and entrepreneurial.
- Language immersion: Teachers and staff use English as the primary language of instruction and an ‘English only’ environment is encouraged.
DAILY ITINERARY AT GREEN SCHOOL ENGLISH CAMP
Monday – Thursday
8:30 AM Arrive at camp. Energiser Game
9:00 AM Interdisciplinary Functional English with Science and Math activities
10:30 AM Morning Snacks
10:45 AM Project Work
12:15 PM Lunch
1:30 PM Experiential Learning/Nature Based Activities
2:30 PM Afternoon Refreshment
8:30 AM – 2:30 PM Jalan Jalan (field trips and excursions!)
3 Frames Breakdown
Functional classes are based around a fundamental question for that theme and provides the students with the key grammar and lexical tools that will need to complete the projects and experiential activities associated with each theme. Classes focus on core and discrete intellectual competencies to reach proficiency, while taking a student centered approach to meet differentiated student needs.
Experiential classes provide an opportunity for students to apply what they have learnt through hands on ‘experiential’ tasks. As well as allowing students to apply the English they have learnt in a variety of exciting and challenging tasks, it also provides an opportunity for students to build on their teamwork and critical thinking skills.
Project work serves as the culmination of what student learn in their functional English classes and what they apply in their experiential classes. Each theme students work on a variety of different projects that aim to challenge their creative and planning skills, as well as showcasing the English they have learnt from that week.
What Students Will Leave With
- Improved fluency in English language skills.
- Engagement in the vibrant culture of Bali as well as with members of the international community around Green Camp.
- A once-in-a-lifetime English learning experience on the internationally acclaimed bamboo campus in the jungle of Bali.
- A new and transformative way of looking at learning, more equipped to engage in an international educational setting and confidence in your unique skills and interests.
- Plenty of experience as a team player with presentation and collaborative learning skills.
THE CAMP FEE IS INCLUSIVE OF:
- Healthy meals & homemade snacks, free-flow spring water
- Native Speaking ELL Teachers and Experienced Facilitators
- Supervision by security and our facilitators
- Medical staff on-site and/or on-call
- Certificate of Completion