Green Camp Master Chef
Our Green Camp Masterchef offers an enriching and immersive plant-based culinary experience with opportunities for campers to fully experience a garden to table journey, permaculture workshop, hands-on cooking lessons (traditional and international dishes), enjoying outdoor adventure activities, and a deep dive into our connection to foods.
The program is filled with creativity, teamwork and new cultural experiences. Campers learn how to communicate and collaborate within a team setting while assembling healthy recipes inspired by traditional and infused cuisines from all over the world.
You will leave with these amazing sets of skills to share with your family and friends!
- Learn about the importance of making healthy food choices
- Familiarize themselves on how to read, follow and prepare a recipe
- Teach campers kitchen safety, sanitation, knifing techniques and knife safety
- Teach students basic to intermediate culinary skills and terminology
- Engage campers in different cultures and their respective cuisines
- Increase campers’ knowledge of where their food comes from
- Provide new food experiences to campers and encourage them to try new things
- Foster a desire to discover and learn through hands-on exploration of new foods and recipe creation
- Engage campers in fun team building exercises
- Allow campers to demonstrate their knowledge and creativity in a series of mini cooking competitions, culminating in a larger final competition.
Run down of the program:
Day 1: Arrival at the camp. Icebreaker activities. Garden visit and learn to identify edible plants. Introduction to Plant-Based Cooking. Recycled Recipes Book Making. Campfire.
Day 2: Visit to a local farm – Learn how to grow your own veggies! Garden to table. Bees Workshop. Meet our local chefs. Local cooking class.
Day 3: Traditional Market Scavenger Hunt. Mini Cooking competition.
Day 4: Food Preparation and Handling Workshop. Master Chefs in the making workshop.
Day 5: Master Chefs Competition. Community Lunch. Farewell Party.
Note: All programs are subject to change, depending on the weather and the students condition.
*Please note that if we do not meet the minimum enrollment of 10 participants, we may need to cancel and reschedule to another date.
**All programs are conducted in English. Participants must have a basic understanding of English.
10 – 14 y.o
TIME OF THE YEAR:
5 days 4 nights
Five days full of unforgettable memories and activities specially designed by green facilitators! Each camp will be planned according to season demands. See below the most common activities included in our program
- Fun gardening activities
- Bees workshop
- Food preparation and Handling Workshop
- Cooking workshops
- Master Chefs competitions
- Visit to the local farm
- Traditional market visit
- Team building games
- Many more exciting programs
- Fun and engaging workshops
- Green Camp facilitator safety qualifications: First-Aid Level I & II Certified by International SOS
- 24-hour supervision by security and facilitators
- Medical staff on-site and/or on-call
There will be a minimum of 10 kids in order for the camp to run and a maximum of 20 kids can join our kids camps at a given time – this makes for a close-knit, casual, and uncrowded ambiance. If 2 weeks prior to the camp the number has not changed, we will notify you via email. Please do not make any flight arrangements before we send you the final confirmation email. Green Camp has the right to cancel the camp within 2 weeks’ notice. See our cancellation policy.
Upon confirmation, we will send you via e-mail an Online Participant Information Form that needs to be filled out with your information details including dietary needs, allergies, medical information and emergency contact number. Enclosed in the e-mail you will also find a Prep-Pack that contains useful information to get you prepared. Kindly note that confirmed and finalized itineraries will be sent to all parents one week before the start date.