Biosphere Guardians Camp
“Are you passionate about joining the movement in making our world sustainable?”
“Are you longing for some nature-based adventure?”
“Are you curious about the natural world and our relationship with nature?”
“Do you want to make new friendships?”
If you answer most of the questions above with YES, then you want to be part of this awesome experience!
In collaboration with the Biosphere Foundation in West Bali, the week will be filled with amazing opportunities to explore, learn, connect, reflect and create! Meet the pioneers of Biosphere 2 Experiment and hear their inspiring and incredible stories.
You will be partaking in activities involving the environment restoration of the Sea and Land themes. These experiences will empower individuals towards caring for a healthy biosphere where the reforestation of our forests will have direct consequences on our coral reefs; the earth’s indicators on the health of our Biosphere.
Part of our adventure will take us to one of the most beautiful and pristine snorkeling sites at the Menjangan island as part of the West Bali National Park. You can witness the beauty of the marine ecosystems, and meet the “Menjangan” aka deer.
Part of the week will involve coral planting, exploring and trekking the Menjangan island and having a picnic lunch with wildlife, and many more exciting programs.
A once of a lifetime experience you don’t want to miss!
- Enhance your appreciation towards mother earth
- Better understand our interconnectedness with the Biosphere
- Learn ways we can contribute to the regeneration of our planet; replanting of trees, coral planting, waste management, growing your own organic foods, and many more
- Nurture compassion and kindness
- Transform your mindset and lifestyle to a sustainable way of living
- Create Impact and inspire your own community
Run down of the program:
Day 1 : Arrival at Green Camp – Welcome and Orientation, followed by Ice breaker, goal settings and Night Safari
Day 2 : Depart to Biosphere in the afternoon. Room allocation, meet the founders and the team. Evening Campfire, sound healing and games
Day 3 : Snorkeling at Menjangan Island followed by trekking and picnic lunch
Day 4 : Hiking in the West Bali National Park
Day 5: Biosphere Restoration
Day 6: Mini Permaculture and Plant-Based Cooking
Day 7: Reflection. Camp Talk and Presentation. Closing Ceremony
Note: All programs are subject to change, depending on the weather and the students condition.
*Please note that if we do not meet the minimum enrollment of 10 participants, we may need to cancel and reschedule to another date.
**All programs are conducted in English. Participants must have a basic understanding of English.
8 – 14 y.o (Jan/April)
12 – 16 y.o (July)
TIME OF THE YEAR:
7 days 6 nights
7 days and 6 nights of eco-living and a full itinerary with super fun activities specially designed by green facilitators! See below the most common activities included in our program:
- Snorkeling in the Menjagan Island
- Hiking in the West Bali National Park
- BBQ dinner & campfire
- Mini Permaculture
- Night safari
- Plant-Based Cooking
- Tree Planting
- Night reflection and journaling
- Coral Planting
- SDGs – Life Below Water Panel Discussion
- Healthy meals & homemade snacks + free-flow spring water
- Activities to grow green leadership strengths such as problem-solving, collaboration, critical and systematic thinking
- Fun and engaging workshops
- Green Camp facilitator safety qualifications: First-Aid Level I & II Certified by International SOS
- 24-hour supervision by security and facilitators
- Medical staff on-site and/or on-call
There will be a minimum of 10 kids in order for the camp to run and a maximum of 20 kids can join our kids camps at a given time – this makes for a close-knit, casual, and uncrowded ambiance. If 2 weeks prior to the camp the number has not changed, we will notify you via email. Please do not make any flight arrangements before we send you the final confirmation email. Green Camp has the right to cancel the camp within 2 weeks’ notice. See our cancellation policy.
Upon confirmation, we will send you via e-mail an Online Participant Information Form that needs to be filled out with your information details including dietary needs, allergies, medical information and emergency contact number. Enclosed in the e-mail you will also find a Prep-Pack that contains useful information to get you prepared. Kindly note that confirmed and finalized itineraries will be sent to all parents one week before the start date.