Wilderness First Responder Bali (WFR)
Green School and Green Camp are proudly collaborating with Viristar, the best-in-class strategic consulting and training services to outdoor, business and education professionals worldwide to deliver the most current and cutting edge course of any first response medical training (urban or remote) in the world.
The Wilderness First Responder curriculum is written by a team of remote medical rescue researchers and professionals. Ongoing evidence-based research and review contributes to a unique and innovative approach to patient care in backcountry and austere settings. The curriculum is comprehensive, complete, and kept current on an annual basis.
Course Curriculum Includes:
- General principles of wilderness and rescue medicine with an emphasis on the prevention and identification of medical emergencies, appropriate technology, and risk management.
- Patient assessment and emergency care including CPR, basic life support (BLS), and the emergency treatment of anaphylaxis and asthma.
- Environmental medicine including altitude illness, hypothermia and heat illness, frostbite and cold injury, lightning, submersion, and environmental toxins.
- Backcountry medicine including the assessment and treatment of common medical problems.
- Musculoskeletal problems including unstable and stable injuries, overuse syndromes, and dislocations.
- Wound management including open fractures, lacerations, burns and blisters.
- Practical skills including splinting, bandaging, litter packaging and medical kit preparation.
- WMA International Wilderness Protocols including wound cleaning and exploration, spine injury assessment, dislocation reduction, CPR in the remote setting, and anaphylaxis and asthma.
Face-to-face, hands-on experiential format including drills, simulations, scenarios, along with lecture, discussion, and case studies. Wilderness and Rescue Medicine textbook provided.
Successful completion with certification is based on 100 percent attendance, satisfactory performance on homework assignments and written quizzes, demonstrated proficiency with practical skills, and a successful grade on a final written exam. Viristar is committed to making reasonable accommodations for any student with special needs.
This course includes a minimum of 70 hours of preparation, didactic, and practical time. Upon successful completion, students will receive a Wilderness First Responder certification and certification of CPR taught to an equivalent health care provider level. Certifications are valid for three years. The course is registered for 70 hours of continuing education credit through the Commission on Accreditation for Prehospital Continuing Education (CAPCE).
Certification: through Wilderness Medical Associates
Students must be at least 16 years old to participate in this course. Those under 18 years of age require the written consent of a parent or guardian. Learners must be physically and mentally capable of meeting course requirements, as described in our Functional Position Description.
No prior medical training is required.
*Please note that if we do not meet the minimum enrollment of 10 participants, we may need to cancel and reschedule to another date. **All programs are conducted in English. Participants must have a basic understanding of English.
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
16 y.o and above
TIME OF THE YEAR:
15 – 22 October 2022
8 Days 7 Nights
IDR 18,000,000 (Expats)
IDR 12,000,000 (National)
- Seven nights accommodation and meals & snacks
- All program materials
- Certification through Wilderness medical associates
- Wilderness and Rescue Medicine: A Practical Guide for the Basic and Advanced Practitioner
- The Field Guide of Wilderness and Rescue Medicine
- Wilderness Medicine Workbook
- Wilderness First Responder Class Notes
- SOAP Notebook
- Fun and engaging workshops
- Green Camp facilitator safety qualifications: First-Aid Level I & II Certified by International SOS
- 24-hour supervision by security and facilitators
- Medical staff on-site and/or on-call
Upon registration, we will send you via e-mail an Online Participant Information Form that needs to be filled out with your information details including dietary needs, allergies, medical information and emergency contact number. Enclosed in the email you will also find a Prep-Pack that contains useful information to get you prepared. Kindly note that confirmed and finalized itineraries will be sent after registration.
See our cancellation policy.